Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Girls Weekend...or mid-week...:)

So I have not blogged for a while because we went on vacation for 2 weeks in So Cal. There was no way that I was going to be able to just do one blog of the whole 2 weeks, so I will be putting some highlights in a few different blogs, starting in order with our Annual CBU Girls' weekend...which was actually mid-week this year.

Each year I get together with some of my best girlfriends from CBU. There is something about being with these girls that I end up leaving refreshed and so thankful for friendships that are built on such a solid foundation. This past year we have had some additions to the group. Obviously, Tim and I had Brooke the end of September. Then Alex and Marcella had Andrew 1 1/2 months later. Then, Travis and Hayley had Hudson the end of April. We are excited to meet Chris and Amy's son Logan this October! We were able to introduce them to Max and Sarah's kids, Jacob and Kennedy. It was fun having the kids around this year!

We had a surprise baby shower for Amy and Hayley this year. Last year they gave Marcella and me one, and we did one for Sarah when she was pregnant with Kennedy our first year. It's been such a fun tradition...waiting to hear who we are going to have one for next year!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our time together...(sorry there is a lot!)


Brooke and Andrew

my girl, representing CBU!

Brooke and Kennedy

Hudson and Brooke

Andrew, Hudson, and Brooke

Handstand Competition

Prego Amy won :)

All the kiddos happy

And then the meltdown...

Fun in the sun

dressed up for dinner

dinner at The Cheesecake Factory

A surprise baby shower for Amy and Logan

and Hayley and Hudson. Carrying on the tradition...who's shower will we have next year?!?

Amy, me and Brooke

Marcella and Sarah

Hayley, Hudson, Natalie, and Michelle

All of us minus Emily :(

This picture was taken 2 weeks after the girls' weekend, but I had to get a picture of Emily in here!

I LOVE MY GIRLS!

1 comment:

The Hofschroer's said...

love you too! What great fun!!!!! come back to so cal so we can do it all again!