Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

So I realize that it has been well over a month since I have posted anything and I wanted to let you know why...I was in a musical!! Our local community college has a really great theater program and last September, my sister Leah and I, auditioned for Bye Bye Birdie. We both got in (as teen girls!) and we rehearsed from Nov 9th until the show opened Jan 14th. It was SOOO much fun and is something I definitely want to do again! Here are some pictures of our adventure!
Pictures of dress rehearsal
"We love you Conrad, oh yes we do..."
Seesters
(ok for those of you that know me really well...10 points for the first person to tell me what drove me crazy about my costume!)


We met some really great people!


We were definitely not supposed to be eating in our costumes


We had so much fun in the locker room


If you know Bye Bye Birdie, you know that the "Ice House" is a place where the teens go to....well, get in trouble. Right around the corner from the college is this place that is actually called the Ice House! So fun! (Leah and I are in the crazy poses on the left) :)

6 comments:

travis and hayley said...

ok, i can't figure out what you didn't like about your costume. i think you look adorable in it and soooo skinny! secondly, i better get to watch a video of the play next time i see you. thirdly, i LOVEEEEEE your picture at the top of your blog. i love the colors you are wearing, i love the headbands, i love brooke's face, i just love it!

A.Haven said...

And you guys were soooo good!! I so want in on the next audition :) And you by far had the best pony tail up there haha!!

Carly Peters said...

So bummed I missed it. :( Looks like you had a blast! I'll catch the next one for sure.

lizhoweth said...

shannon, this is funny b/c we just got back from seeing a production of beauty and the beast tonight and i was thinking how much fun it would be to be in a play. i haven't done it in years. so, anyway, good for you to go for it and do that! looks like you had fun.

sherry said...

I've heard that the kids' production wasn't all that shabby, either ;)

The Hofschroer's said...

your hair is pulled completely back... including your bangs! thats my guess! did I win?